- The only THC-infused eye cream on the market
- Fans call it “miracle” cream
- The secret to why cannabis is such an effective skincare ingredient
- Organic, vegan, cruelty-free and reef-safe
- About the Women’s CannaCup
- Congratulations to all the winners
- Where to buy Green Bee Botanicals Brightening Eye Cream
The only THC-infused eye cream on the market
We are thrilled to share the good news that Green Bee Botanicals Brightening Eye Cream won 1st Place in the Skin Care Topicals category at the inaugural Women’s CannaCup awards this week.
This is the third major award for Green Bee’s eye cream, following an Emerald Cup award (“the Academy Awards of Cannabis”) and 1st Place at the Wonderland WeedCon Cup in 2021.
Led by childhood friends Bridget May and Kim Howard (that’s us!) in San Francisco, Green Bee Botanicals was the first to launch cannabis skincare in California. We are still the only brand in the country with a THC-infused eye cream. (THC is non-psychoactive when applied to skin.)
Fans call it “miracle” cream
Customers often call Green Bee eye cream a “miracle” — it moisturizes deeply without being heavy, de-puffs and brightens the undereye area, and reduces the appearance of fine lines and crepey skin. While formulated to protect the delicate skin around the eyes, lips and neck, customers have written reviews saying Brightening Eye Cream has also made pimples disappear overnight and cleared up stubborn, painful inflammation and red, flaky skin.
The secret to why cannabis is such an effective skincare ingredient
What makes Green Bee’s eye cream so unique has everything to do with the body’s natural endocannabinoid system.
“The cannabis plant is packed with antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and anti-inflammatory properties, especially when you include the full spectrum of cannabinoids, from CBD to THC,” explains Green Bee Botanicals founder and formulator, Bridget May, who is a botanist and analytical chemist.
“Cannabis compounds do what no other skincare ingredients do: they bind with your skin’s endocannabinoid receptors to create balance, naturally. If your skin is producing too much or too little oil, cannabis can balance it. If your skin is damaged from free radicals and oxidation, cannabis can heal it. If your skin is inflamed, red or itchy, cannabis can soothe it. Your endocannabinoid system is the secret to why cannabis is such an effective skincare ingredient.”
Organic, vegan, cruelty-free and reef-safe
Green Bee’s Brightening Eye Cream is made with local Sonoma Hills Farm OCal-certified organic cannabis, caffeine for de-puffing, and plant-based squalane in a base of organic avocado oil and shea butter. It is Leaping Bunny-certified and Good Face Project-approved, vegan, cruelty-free, and reef-safe.
About the Women’s CannaCup
The first-ever CannaCup competition is for female-only led cannabis brands and is powered by Sacramento-based Cannagram Delivery. The awards show was held this week at the California State Fair, which hosted a cannabis farmers competition for the first time in history. This is another welcome sign that the stigma around cannabis (marijuana) is beginning to retreat.
The CannaCup was created to recognize innovation and excellence, while also bringing attention to the unique challenges women-led brands face in the California market.
“Our industry was once hailed as one of the most progressive and advanced in female leadership with over 36% representation, and has since slipped to 22%,” says Manndie Tingler, co-founder of the Women’s CannaCup and partner and chief marketing officer at Cannagram.
Congratulations to all the winners!
We are honored to be a part of the history-making Women’s CannaCup. To have our eye cream win first place in cannabis skincare is an additional joy. Thank you for creating these important awards, Cannagram Delivery and all the founders: Manndie Tingler, Cynthia Salarizadeh, Kelley Usborn, Adelia Carrillo, Grace Lahlouh, Judy Yee, Tiffany Watkins, Julie Chiariello, and Chelsea Mulligan.
Pioneering in these historic post-prohibition days of the legal California cannabis market is fascinating, challenging, rewarding, and often crazy-making. We know first-hand how much perseverance and grit it takes to still be standing, especially for smaller craft brands. Please join us in congratulating AND buying from the winners:
- Skin Care Topicals: Green Bee Botanicals, Brightening Eye Cream
- Pain Relief Topicals: Humboldt Apothecary, Juniper Balm (our friends at Sweet Releaf won 2nd for their amazing Comfort Plus Body Butter)
- Edibles: Higher Edibles, Canna-Corn Nuts (our friends at Garden Society won 3rd for their new Peach Prosecco Gummies)
- Tinctures: Proof, CBG Elixir Drops
- Beverage Mix: Khemia, Mango Mantra Zen Sip
- Ready-to-Drink Beverage: Mad Lilly, Passionfruit Mango Spritzer (our friends at Herbacée won 3rd for their Sparkling Rosier)
- Pre-Rolls: WildLand Cannabis, Haze Hash Infused Joints (our friends at Garden Society won 2nd for their Brighter Day Hash Rosettes)
- Concentrates: Higher Vibrations, Premium Cannabis Concentrate
- Flower: Riverview Farms, GMAC Flower (our friends at Moon Made Farms won 3rd for their Cherry Moon flower)
- Fearless Female Leadership Award: Keiko Beatie
- Most Inspirational Brand: Garden Society — yay, well-deserved, Erin and Karli!
- Social Impact Award: Christine de la Rosa
- Most Environmentally Conscious Award: Magic Meadow Farms
- Most Supportive Male(s): Brothers Bill and Jeff of Beard Bros. Pharms
Where to buy Green Bee Botanicals Brightening Eye Cream
You can now order all Green Bee cannabis products, including our CannaCup-winning eye cream, directly from our website for next-day delivery throughout California. Visit https://greenbeebotanicals.com/ and enter your zip code. If we don’t deliver to you yet, we will soon!
You can also stop by or order from one of our great retail partners. Green Bee cannabis eye cream is currently carried at select California dispensaries and delivery services, including:
BARC Collective (Los Angeles)
Bohemian Chemist (Philo)
Cornerstone Wellness (Los Angeles)
East of Eden (Salinas)
Flor (Union City)
Flora Terra (Santa Rosa)
Herb & Market Humboldt (Arcata)
HerbNJoy delivery (Walnut Creek)
Highroad Delivery (East Bay)
Lucky Box Club delivery (Greater Sacramento)
Phenotopia (Santa Rosa)
Pure710 (San Francisco)
Sava delivery (Greater Bay Area)
Seaweed Holistics (Pacifica)
White Fire (San Jose)